Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stuck in the Middle


April 8, 2010: Queensland Health pay bungle continues, The Medical News


June 2, 2010: Queensland Health pay bungle continues into June, The Medical News


Interesting progression, huh?  This has been one of the biggest news stories since I arrived in Brisbane and has been an administrative and political nightmare.  It’s now costing taxpayers tens of billions of dollars.  People are livid.  Heads are rolling.  Unfortunately, this backlash isn’t solving the problem and payroll is still a mess. 

You guessed it… I work for Queensland Health, and have been impacted by this new (and grossly flawed) system.  It’s been incredibly frustrating.  First, I just didn’t get paid.  Then, I got paid, but without any pay slips to explain my earnings.  And this week, they paid me a quarter of my normal salary, claiming it was due to taxes.  (Never mind they’ve been taxing me every pay period.)  Instead of getting to the root of the problem, they opted to write me a check to cover my expenses, telling me they would figure it out at a later date.  So, while I have money to pay my rent, etc., I have no idea whether or not I will incur the same problem next pay period.  Ugh!  What a headache!  I try not to stress about the situation; it's out of my hands.  All I (or anyone else) can do for now is wait to see what happens next.  Bugger!

No comments:

Post a Comment