Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beating the Blahs


Coming home from vacation is never fun.  Sure, after five days in the wilderness, I was craving a hot shower and comfy bed, but I wasn’t ready to re-enter the real world.  Even after being back for an entire week, I still don’t feel ready.  I just can’t get back into the swing of things.  I’m too busy dreaming of turquoise waters and sandy beaches.  My head is in the clouds, with no indication of coming back to reality.  All of this vacation-envy is leaving me feeling very blah.  The fact that it’s been grey, rainy, and just plain chilly everyday isn’t helping matters, either.  It’s like the dull, dreary weather is mimicking my current state of being.  Like me, it’s caught in this constant state of blah-ness.  Ugh.  I just need to remind myself we’ll be back on the road in a couple of weeks, doing what we came here to do – explore and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment