Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Moment of Bliss


I was right – Wednesday night was the most painfully slow shift imaginable.  Each stroke of the second hand seemed an eternity.  But morning eventually arrived.  Before I knew it, I was at the airport searching for his face in the crowd.  And there he was.  He appeared, grinning and waving.  I thought my heart might burst.  At that instant, everything felt OK.  It was as if I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief.  He was here by my side and nothing could change that simple fact.  It was a moment of pure bliss.  How nice to know he can still make me feel that way!

Now we’re off to the Whitsunday Islands for an extended weekend of ocean kayaking and island-hopping.  We’re excited, but also praying that the weather cooperates.  I will be sure to post the trip highlights and pics when we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment