Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Longest Night Ever


In less than twelve hours, Mouse will be back in Brisbane.  His plane is scheduled to land in the wee hours of the morning, just as I’m finishing my shift.  I predict tomorrow’s patient handover may possibly be the quickest, most succinct report in nursing history.  I will be out the door and en route to the airport in the blink of an eye.  I already feel like an antsy school child, eagerly anticipating the final bell prior to summer break.  I’m so excited; I can barely contain myself.  I fear this excitement and anticipation are going to work against me, making each minute of tonight’s shift seem like an eternity.  But I only have to survive one more shift – ten measly hours – until I am with him again.  Only one more night until I can finally wrap my arms around him.  This is definitely going to be the longest ten hours I have ever endured…

No comments:

Post a Comment