Monday, June 7, 2010

Night Owl

Ahhh!  I’m finally back in my element!  I’m back to working overnights – at least for this week.  I’m in the midst of my monthly four-night stretch of overnights and I love it.  My coworkers think I’m insane; no one understands why I would actually want to work an overnight shift.  They all view it as some type of medieval torture inflicted upon them once a month.  I, on the other hand, look forward to these shifts.  The hospital is typically much more quiet at night.  Peace isn’t guaranteed, of course, things can go awry, but I’m usually able to settle into a nice routine without the usual interruptions that plague me during the day; no medical rounds, doctors stealing my charts, or countless phone calls.  And, most importantly, working all night gives me a great excuse to sleep in as late as I desire.  Mouse might hate tip-toeing around the apartment while I snooze, but this really is a great shift.  So, I’m off to work in a few hours.  I hope all of you have a great night! (Or day, I guess, if you’re reading this in the states.)

No comments:

Post a Comment