Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Beautiful Day in My Neighborhood

At the cost of sounding incredibly Mr. Roger’s-esque, it really is a beautiful day in my neighborhood.  The sun is shining.  The birds are chirping.  It’s gorgeous!  It’s the kind of day that makes you want to grab a good book, head down to the local café, drink coffee on an outdoor patio, and relax.  If I didn’t have to work in a couple of hours, I would do just that.  (Oh – the injustice of it all!) 

Alas, I do have to work, so the café/book idea is a no-go.  Luckily, I have just enough time for a quick entry.  So, I’ve decided to write about my neighborhood.  Lately, I’ve been fostering this massive crush for said neighborhood, almost to the point of total infatuation.  Thus, it only makes sense I spend a little time to gush, and share my newfound love with all of you.

Everyone knows I live in Brisbane, but it’s a large city, with a plethora of diverse neighborhoods (or suburbs, as they say out here).  I live in the suburb of New Farm, only 2km from the city center.  It’s one of the oldest suburbs in Brisbane, and one of the most diverse.  I absolutely love living here.  I love the tree-lined streets.  I love that everything is within walking distance – the grocery store, great restaurants, shopping, even a movie theater.  I love being so close to the river.  I love our park.  I love the diversity of housing, with architectural styles ranging from old Queenslanders to renovated factories to modern apartment buildings.  It’s beautiful!  I truly am having a mini-love affair with this suburb.  (Except for the spiders.  I don’t love them one bit!)  Anyhow, I’ve posted a little slide show so all of you can where I live.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment