Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally!!!

Today, I was finally able to breathe a long sigh of relief. In my email inbox was a message informing me that my Australian work visa had been approved. After months of scrambling around, jumping through hoops, and feeling just plain stressed out, I have my visa. I cannot even begin to explain how ecstatic I am today. I feel like I’ve completed a marathon or reached the summit of a ridiculously difficult mountain. (And I’ve done both, so I know exactly how much satisfaction one can derive from said accomplishments.)

When I first began formulating my plan to move to Australia, I had no idea how long or arduous the process would actually be. It’s been an epic battle to get my nursing license, find a job, and obtain my work visa. If I had known how exhausting and frustrating the entire process was going to become, I doubt I would have attempted it. Luckily, I was blissfully unaware of the time and effort this adventure would entail, so I threw myself into it. I have doubted myself on numerous occasions, and frequently questioned my sanity, but everything is finally falling into place. Soon, I will start my new job on the neuroscience unit at a hospital in Brisbane, Australia. I’ve been hoping and planning for this day for a long time. I think it’s finally time to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment